Grampa's Catfish House was originally started in 1970 at 1218 Mission Road in North Little Rock, where it became about two things: Great Food and Family. Family has always been the center of Grampa's. When Paul Kirsch and Nate Townsend purchased the business in 1981, they kept core of Grampa's centered around this concept.
Over the last 35 years, Grampa's has gone through many changes. The biggest change being the closing of Grampa's in 2012, due to the sky-rocketing cost of catfish. Fast Forward to 2016, when Nate and his oldest son, Scott have brought Grampa's back to it's hungry patrons. Grampa's once again has reinvented itself. Between Scott and Nate's love for food and their passion for the Restaurant Industry, they have created Grampa's Catish & Seafood.